* As part of a multi-agency Youth Offending Service, to provide a comprehensive service to young people and their families involved in, or at risk of offending.
* To be responsible for assessments of risk of re-offending, risk of vulnerability and risk of serious harm by young people, and the completion of intervention plans and risk management plans to address identified need and protect young people and the public from harm.
* To be responsible for the preparation of reports including Pre-Sentence and Referral Order Reports in line with National Standards
* To manage statutory programmes and interventions for young people subject to all statutory orders, including custody, in line with National Standards.
* The post-holder will have overall case responsibility for all orders and reports allocated to them and will be expected to prepare cases for variation, revocation or breach where relevant
* To develop, contribute towards and participate in programmes of intervention designed to prevent re-offending, individually and in group work settings.
* Candidates must hold a recognised qualification in Social Work or be a qualified Probation Officer
* educated to degree level with substantial experience of working with vulnerable adolescents and hold or be willing to work towards a PCEP or YJEPC.
* Significant, relevant experience of working with young people or related vulnerable groups and tangible experience of working professionally within a criminal justice setting.
* Able to demonstrate understanding of Criminal Justice legislation and other relevant legislation including that relating to children and young people
* Knowledge of the current legislation relating to the reduction of offending by young people
We would like to hear from you if you feel this is the correct role for you.
Back to job search
Up to £20.21 per hour
27 days ago