Akton Recruitment are seeking an experienced Works Manager on behalf of our client who has been established for just over 10 years. During this time, they have created a fantastic reputation for themselves and are looking to expand their team to meet high demands.
Our client is a triple ISO accredited company which offers clients an extensive range of services in the construction industry, including Civil Engineering, Plant Hire, Labour Supply and Groundworks.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Driving productivity through labour, plant and material management. Keeping the gangs incentivised and material and plant available for the task ahead.
- Forward planning and workforce engagement.
- Liaising with the client and ensuring the client and ensuring clear boundaries are identified and followed.
- Hitting targets and Maintaining programme and updating the programme so it's live at all times.
- Project set up including drafting RAMS, project plans, recruiting teams etc
- Chair weekly site meetings and draft minutes/action log.
- Report weekly to the MD with weekly progress report.
- Ensure sites are working well and all weekly HSQE paperwork is signed and uploaded.
The Successful Candidate:
- Must be very knowledgeable on health and safety, drainage and earth work.
- Have a minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar role
- Experience working on high value projects around 20 million
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is negotiable dependant on experience
- Standard holiday package