Web Developer- Enfield
This is a maternity cover placement until mid July 2022
At Enfield we have big plans to improve our customer experience. We're looking for a talented Web Developer to join our web team on contract maternity cover.
The importance of our website is growing. The council website is the front door to our business and a key part of our digital estate. More and more people now use it to find information, access council services and make payments. We have some exciting future projects and you will need to make sure our content is first class, accessible and supports the council's customer experience strategy to encourage more people to transact with us online.
As Web Developer you will be responsible for planning, developing, deploying and supporting web pages, forms, features and components on the council website (www.enfield.gov.uk), peripheral websites and the intranet. You'll be primarily developing on a newly designed customer experience platform using best in class applications.
Reporting to the Web Manager you'll play an active role in delivering an ambitious product roadmap including migration of websites to the new platform and improving the customer journeys across the main council website. You'll achieve this by:
* Building accessible, performant, dynamic web pages and forms on our platform stack (Squiz Matrix content management system (CMS) and Verint CMPro case management (CRM).
* Working across teams, departments and services to design and develop solutions that execute the Council's customer experience strategy and put the customers's needs first.
* Triaging and troubleshooting bugs and other customer support issues with the council's support teams.
* Providing guidance and consulting to non-digital first services on best practice in user interaction (UI) and user experience (UX) design.
* Developing and maintaining the customer platform for compliance and best practice in areas such as search engine optimisation (SEO), web performance, accessibility, content & document management and compliance with statutory regulations (e.g. GDPR, cookies, accessibility regulations, etc.).
* Monitoring the customer platform using analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Hotjar) and using this data to develop actionable insights for continuous improvement to the platform.
Up to £250 per day
6 days ago
Web Developer- Enfield