Purpose of the role is as follows:
To carry out valuations of land and property assets including statutory valuations for the Councils balance sheet. To provide professional and technical advice on real estate issues to senior managers and client departments. To assist in the management the Council’s property portfolio in order to promote best value in the use of Derbyshire County Council's land and property assets.
- Carry out professional rental and capital valuations of the council’s property portfolio in accordance with IFRS13 and the RICS Professional Standards in order to meet the Council’s statutory obligations in respect of Asset Valuations
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Authority’s asset valuation programme and its capital strategies, including the collation and analysis of property performance data
- Assist with the delivery and completion of year-end ‘Red Book Valuations’ of the Councils property portfolio on a rolling programme for the Asset Register, meeting strict financial deadlines. Act as a link between Corporate Property and Council Finance Team on Asset Valuation matters.
- Carry out inspections of land and property assets including the measurement of buildings where appropriate.
- Keep up-to-date with developments and changes in property markets, professional standards or the legislative framework affecting real estate. Appreciate the relevance and impact of such developments on Council assets and adapt valuation practices accordingly.
- Assist in maintaining information retained on the computerised record systems and the digital mapping system
- Examine the freehold title of land and property and the terms of leases, licences or other agreements in order to establish the Authority’s legal and financial position in respect of its property interests. Manage and resolve incidents of illegal use, occupation and damage to Council property. Liaise with Police Officers, Land Registry and the Council’s legal section
- Assist in the valuation of properties for rating valuation purposes. Liaise with the District Valuer in order to minimise the Council’s liability for rates.
- Conduct rent reviews, lease renewals, assignments, termination of agreements and repossession of properties when required.
- Locum Contract
- 6 Months
- This role would be suitable for graduates who have a General Practice Real Estate (or related) degree but may not yet have passed the APC to become RICS members.
- May consider compressed hours if a suitable candidate was located a long distance from the office.
- The successful candidate will need to be IT Competent
If interested in this role or wish to discuss other opportunities please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email email@example.com