- Provide specialist advice to customers, internal departments and partner organisations on interpreting and applying policies and technical principles, assessing risks and benefits and that policy proposals are developed.
- Negotiating terms and charges with statutory authorities and other bodies for easements, way leaves, licences and rights of way affecting land in the ownership of the council.
- Marketing/negotiation for the sale or lease of council property.
- Providing valuation reports as required eg for property transactions, feasibility studies/land estimates and asset valuation purposes.
- Management of the council’s property records
- Ensure and enforce compliance with department and Council policies, regulations and codes of practice.
- Prepare and present reports as required on a range of technical issues ensuring that they meet Council guidelines, are completed on time and the Council’s position is advocated.
- If relevant: assist in the supervision and development of a team. Co-ordinate, allocate and check the work of teams, ensuring that performance objectives are achieved and team work is effective
- Develop solutions and put forward recommendations to resolve to issues, ensure that they are successfully implemented and that service regulations and codes of practice are adhered to.
- Input into service plans procedures and systems of work and propose changes to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the service.
- If relevant: plan and monitor spending from technical budgets
- Degree in Estate management or equivalent, Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors IS ESSENTIAL
- Relevant practical experience, backed by evidence of appropriate specialist knowledge of the specialist area.
- You will have experience of planning work activities within general professional guidelines
- Good persuasion and influencing skills, able to negotiate effectively with a range of people.
- Effective IT skills and working knowledge of word processing, databases and spread sheet packages. Ideally, experience of MapInfo (although training will be given if needed).
- Ability to work on own, prioritise work and deliver projects
- Locum Contract
- 6 Months + Ongoing
If interested in this role please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org