- To set up and maintain systems and processes to enable the smooth running of the social work unit, ensuring that the work of the unit is co-ordinated and well organised.
- To act as a first point of contact for enquiries to the unit, some of which may be complex and/or contentious, from other staff, members of the public, or other agencies. To answer queries where possible, and to take messages for members of the unit or direct the caller to another source of help.
- To take phone calls or receive office visits from children and families known to the unit, dealing sensitively with families who may be in distress.
- To ensure diaries and appointments for members of the unit are co-ordinated and accessible.
- To organise meetings and arrange venues for members of the unit and maintain follow up and bring forward systems to alert members to forthcoming meetings and appointments.
- To be aware of children’s and families’ circumstances and to keep up to date on developments within cases, in order to be equipped to answer queries from children, families, staff or other agencies as directed by the Consultant Social Worker/Practice Development Manager.
- To ensure financial payments to families are efficiently managed. To raise purchase orders (paper and electronic) as requested and ensure appropriate authorisation for payments. To implement and operate procedures relating to financial matters in accordance with the Council’s procedures and to ensure all transactions are authorised and recorded e.g. travel warrants, local orders, petty cash, vouchers.
- To arrange transport and other appointments for families, for example children’s medicals, as directed by the members of the unit.
- To assist in the preparation of reports and briefing papers on a wide range of issues for members of the unit as directed by the Consultant Social Worker/Practice Development Manager.
- To keep records for all members of the unit to include sickness absence, annual leave arrangements, training days taken etc.
Back to job search
Akton Recruitment are working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for a Social Care Unit Co-Ordinator. The role is initially on a contract until March with a review based on performance and a view to extend. This role is to cover full time hours Monday to Friday 9:00-5:00 and pays £17PH.
£17 per hour
0161 233 0034
about 1 month ago
07 Feb 00:00