Tree Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Bournemouth
- It is an opportunity to be part of managing the privately owned tree stock of a new Unitary Authority covering Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole. In addition to the beautiful coastline, the tree canopy is the area's other greatest natural asset.
- Personally manage a caseload of tree work applications and notifications; to provide arboricultural and landscaping advice on planning applications; to investigate and provide expert witness as part of enforcement cases; to be responsible for making new and managing changes to existing Tree Preservation Orders (TPOs).
- The work involves tact and diplomacy as well as being able to stand your ground in an articulate way against differences of opinion. The role involves being out on site frequently, engaging with the public, Councillors, tree surgeons, agents and developers in person, by phone and email and the preparation of reports.
- This role sits within the Urban Design and Conservation Team within the Planning and Building Control Service area and initially will be required to cover the Poole area.
- Flexible/agile working operates.
- Sound arboricultural experience with minimum entry qualification - National Qualification Framework (NQF) level 3 or equivalent
- Local Authority experience would be beneficial
- Experience Working within forestry, arboricultural or horticultural industries
- 37 hours per week
- 3 Month Contract
- £28-30 per hour (Umbrella) Inside IR35
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email