Transport Strategy Officer
St Helens, Merseyside
£23.00 - £24.00 per hour
My clients Transport Strategy Team is seeking to appoint a number of Transport Strategy Officers to work as an interim team supporting delivery of an ambitious programme. Applicants with a range of experience are welcomed. Part-time and flexible working arrangements welcome. Appointments are initially made on a three-month basis, but with likely extension to the end of March 2022.
Role of Transport Strategy Officer
- Assisting in the management of the Transport Policy programme and undertake management of individual projects.
- Contributing to management of the updated and ambitious cycling and walking infrastructure programme, including overseeing design and network development commissions and reporting processes.
- Supporting work to establish the strategic approach to the electric vehicle charging network roll-out, for residential, staff and fleet users.
- Working with internal and external partners to progress priority transport schemes and studies, including preparing and undertaking consultation exercises as relevant.
- Experience of working within a transport planning / transport strategy context, ideally within a local authority setting
- Knowledge of best practice in delivering transport policy and infrastructure designs, particularly in relation to sustainable and active transport modes, and eagerness to see best outcomes delivered.
- Ability to analyse information (from site visits / desktop reviews / databases / reports / planning applications) and prepare reports, presenting conclusions in concise manner
- Demonstrable experience of management of projects or programmes to ensure delivery on time and within budget.
- Ability to organise a task and work to deadlines as part of a team and individually
- Excellent inter-personal, presentation and communication skills, including proven ability in preparation of policy, strategy or funding documents.
- Ability to undertake site visits, including by pedal cycle and public transport where relevant
Please apply with an up to date copy of your CV for immediate consideration