Transport Project Manager required for a fantastic contract based in Huddersfield
Your main duties as Project Manager will include:
- Working with colleagues from within the council, other public and private sector organisations, commissioned consultants, Highways England and Rail and Bus operators to deliver successful bids for major highway and transport schemes.
- Coordinating and delivering projects on the design, organising and attending public consultation / exhibitions to seek stakeholder consensus on projects and transport policy and strategy alongside other professionals
- A highly skilled and experienced transport disciplined Project Manager who is well versed in government appraisal of transport projects (WebTAG) that can hit the ground running
- A highly skilled principal level transport planner , who has considerable experience in understanding the technical requirements that comprise taking a transport scheme from 'concept' through feasibility design and modelling, programme entry and to outline business case. This may include
- The ability to map out logically and an understanding of, the work packages rewired to develop preferred options, taking into account not just transport impacts, but also regeneration and housing.
- The ability to scope out technical briefs for work packages that assist in the development of a preferred solution.
- A good understanding of transport's contribution to the economy, including the link between transport and wider economic impacts.
- The ability to understand and specify the requirements for and interpret the results of strategic and micro-junction modelling.
- A working knowledge of the 4-stage transport modelling process applied to new developments.
- The ability to understand highway engineering aspects of schemes and the viewpoint of relevant professionals (highway maintenance, signal, safety engineers, planners).
- 5 Month Contract
- Inside IR35 (Paid via Umbrella Company)
- Can pay up to £45 per hour for the right candidate
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email