- Transport planner required to assess planning applications to ensure compliance with the Council’s sustainable transport policies.
- The role involves the assessment of minor planning applications including householder applications (amendments and extensions), change of use applications, applications for the creation of up to 9 new residential dwellings and applications to create up to 1,000 square metres of commercial development.
- Opportunities also exist to assist colleagues working on larger developments.
- The role involves reviewing construction management plans and delivery servicing plans.
- The role involves working closely with colleagues across the Council including Transport Strategy, Development Management, Engineering Services (Highways), and external stakeholders such as Transport for London, the Camden Cycling Campaign, Living Streets and local residents groups.
- Degree or equivalent in a subject related to transport planning / traffic engineering. Candidates with different qualifications but demonstrating successful experience in this or related work would also be considered.
- Experience of working closely with various groups e.g. - community groups and to have an understanding of and experience in responding to their needs.
- An understanding of how traffic and transport policies and techniques can be applied to achieve certain objectives.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Experience of writing and presenting briefing notes, reports and decision papers.
- Ability to express complex information accurately, clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Good understanding of the wider context of traffic, transport, engineering and scheme design, including parking, land use planning, urban design, and road safety, and demonstrating an appreciation of the role they have in delivering other corporate priorities, such as sustainability and regeneration.
- Ability to work closely with colleagues at all levels.
- Good understanding of the policy and legislative framework in which the service operates (i.e. National Planning Policy Framework, London Plan, Camden’s Local Plan).
- Experience of working in a Transport/Planning environment. Ideally, the candidate should have at least 2 years experience.
- Locum Contract
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email email@example.com