£Competitive salary and package (All negotiable)
A well respected, friendly and supportive firm of engineering consultants based in Oxfordshire are on the lookout for a transport planner, they offer a competitive salary; up to 5% on your pension, payments towards a professional membership, regular social events such as go-karting, theatre trips, golf, bowling, curry nights etc., free parking, and even fruit on a weekly basis. Now, let's be fair, these aren't necessarily all reasons you gained your degree, but they're certainly useful perks.
They also offer a strong commitment to training ranging from ‘on the job training’ in new software and design techniques to training programmes for Chartered status and external short courses.
You need to review your existing career status and ask is it really exciting you to the extent you wish it would. If not, then this is an opportunity worth exploring.
Relevant skills & experience:
- Qualified to degree level in appropriate subject
- A minimum of 3 years’ post-graduate experience
- An ability to professionally represent the company
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An ability to work within a team
- Experience in the preparation of Transport Assessments, Transport Statements, Travel Plans and Access Appraisals
- An understanding of TRICS, ARCADY and PICADY (Junctions8)
- An understanding of micro-simulation traffic modelling would be an advantage
- An ability to deal with clients and other professionals with minimal supervision
A Transport Planner will ordinarily undertake the following tasks:
- Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application advice
- Transport Assessments, Transport Statements and Travel Plans to accompany planning applications
- Traffic modelling and junction capacity assessments
- Highway design
- Road Safety and Non-Motorised User Audits
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please contact Ben at Akton Recruitment, quoting BA/01324