Trading Standards Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Wirral
- Undertake and/or supervise complex projects involving a range of stakeholders,
- aimed at securing business compliance with all Trading Standards legislation
- Prepare reports, undertake correspondence, conduct interviews, brief the Council
- Solicitor, and when necessary, give evidence in Court.
- Enforce all relevant legislation utilising a full range of enforcement powers from
- an informal educative approach to formal legal proceedings as laid down in the
- Division's Enforcement Policy.
- Significant participation in project teams to deliver local and national health
- promotion initiatives
- Monitor performance and quality standards and ensure that Trading Standards
- work complies with policy and procedures and the standards required in (the
- local service level management agreement and in the sub-regional partnership
- Research, review, develop, consult on and implement policy and procedures for
- Trading Standards to help the Council to achieve its objectives in relation to
- Trading Standards, Including, production of management reports to identify
- changes and trends.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge in relation to relevant Government initiatives,
- guidance, changes in legislation and good practice
- Work with other Council departments and external voluntary and statutory bodies
- to identify any issues that require intervention through Trading Standards
- Professional CTSI Trading Standards qualification (DTS/DCATS including Food and
- Legal Metrology modules) or equivalent, plus a university degree.
- Demonstrate the ability to represent the Trading Standards Service at meetings,
- participating in the co-ordination or lead regional initiatives and projects with other
- Local Authorities, professional bodies, or external organisations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to influence the
- behaviour of others.
- Knowledge of current and proposed Trading Standards legislation and statutory
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Enforcement Procedures and PACE.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare reports, undertake correspondence, conduct
- interviews and collate case files for Legal Services.
- Demonstrate the ability to investigate and undertake complex projects.
- Have effective time management skills
- An awareness and understanding of equality issues.
- Demonstrate computer literacy
- Demonstrate an ability to be an effective communicator at all levels
- Out of office hours to meet the needs of the service
- 3 Months
- £32.10 per hour (Paid via Umbrella Company - Rate Uplifted to cover charges)
- Council based role
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email