Tenancy Support Officer
Akton Recruitment has an opening for a Tenancy Support Officer
To deliver high quality person-centered support to customers in accordance with the Housing assoicaitaiton, enabling clients to sustain their tenancies by promoting independence, freedom and choice.
Key responsibilities/ deliverables
1. Coordinate the Housing assoicaitaiton offer within the Council.
2. Assess referrals and engage with prospective clients using a person-centered approach. Key to this role will be liaising with health professionals, other agencies and colleagues as appropriate.
3. Ensure that prospective and current clients are fully aware of the support available, their financial obligations, rights and responsibilities under their tenancy/occupation arrangements and all related procedures.
4. Agree and review client Independent Living Plans and Risk Assessments on a regular basis, deliver contracted hours of support to achieve the required outcomes.
5. Flexibly deliver the support identified in an Independent Living Plan through regular person-centered contact as appropriate, taking follow up action and coordinating wraparound support if required from other agencies (for example Adult Social Care, Criminal Justice, Health services) and internal departments.
6. Hold a small caseload of tenants, single people and childless couples, who are identified as most at risk from eviction, and eventually rough sleeping. Provide intensive support with the aim of preventing the eviction from happening and supporting the individuals to sustain their accommodation in the longer term.
7. Facilitate access to the personalisation fund via creative and flexible solutions.
8. Engage in continuous professional development and reflective practice.
9. Forge and maintain links with partner agencies and other key stakeholders as appropriate to ensure that good communication and co-operation is maintained.
10. Report any concerns relating to safeguarding of vulnerable people using the correct procedures, attending case conferences and other meetings as required.
11. Ensure that all relevant documentation and records are completed and submitted in an accurate and timely manner.
12. Actively contribute to the collection of data to be used in statutory returns.
13. Handle complaints and representations in accordance with A2Dominion's policy and undertake any necessary investigations.
14. High level of relationship skills: empathy, mutual acceptance, supportive and constructive challenge; positive expectation for the future.
15. An understanding of the Housing assoicaitaiton Model and belief in the values and principles.
16. Professional and value led with integrity, inclusivity and respect for diversity.
17. Work outside of standard office hours, as required, to deliver services, following lone working procedures.
Up to £15.38 per hour
about 1 month ago
Tenancy Support Officer