To work as part of a small team providing a high quality tenancy, estate management and repairs service to tenants and leaseholders throughout the borough in accordance with service and specification standards. The post holder will be responsible for training other staff within the Tenancy & Estate Management team staff in order that this may be achieved
- Deal with boundary disputes, fly tipping, graffiti, nuisance and vandalism etc, with a calm and diplomatic approach.
- To carry out regular and ad-hoc estate inspections in accordance with agreed. Standards and to identify and raise the necessary works orders required.
- Encourage resident and other community service providers involvement with estate inspections, and encourage new residents to participate.
- To identify areas of improvement/projects on estates and work with internal/external departments and residents to conclusion.
- Help to monitor the cleaning in flat blocks and on sheltered schemes to ensure a satisfactory standard is applied. Complete paperwork for all inspections and ensure all enquiries are responded to..
- Deal with requests to purchase or take over land in line with Council policy.
- Answer correspondence within specified timescales.
- Encourage new and support established residents groups, which may include attending meetings outside office hours.
- To work with the Police, Social Services and other voluntary or statutory agencies as required.
- To work in partnership with other departments within Basildon Borough Council as well as external partner and community agencies
- Carry out ad-hoc consultation exercises including tenants and leaseholders.
- Represent Basildon Borough Council at community group meetings and other ad-hoc public meetings, sometimes out of hours.
- To liaise with the Rents team to link rent arrears recovery action with action being taken for any breach of tenancy.
- To help sustain tenancies by ensuring the correct agencies are involved and support is in place.
- Investigate and prepare detailed reports that tenancies have been abandoned or sublet.
- Investigate management moves and prepare reports in the case of fire, flood or repair and liaise with the tenant and relevant departments until resolved.
- To prepare and serve Notice of Seeking Possessions or Notice to Quit as required
- A good knowledge and understanding of estate and tenancy management services.
- A good understanding of welfare benefits and landlord and Tenant Law
- Previous experience with a local Authority or other Social Housing environment.
- Temporary Contract
- 3 Months+
- £16 per hour Umbrella
If interested please call Jack on 0172 428186 or email email@example.com