Queen Alexandra Hospital
Akton Recruitment are looking for an experienced telecom service advisor to join the team at Queen Alexandra Hospital.
Job Role: Telecom service advisor
Shift position- working 6-2pm, 8-4pm, 2-10pm nights and will involve weekends on a rota. To operate and maintain a customer focused efficient, fast, and accurate telecommunications service, which incorporates Switchboard, administration duties and the co-ordination of all emergency procedures connected with Queen Alexandra Hospital.
- To provide Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust with a highly efficient, effective, and polite service by both telephone and face to face as directed by the Manager.
- To respond to all emergency calls and alarms such as major incident, fire and cardiac arrest, flat baby, etc. reacting swiftly and correctly and in the correct sequence to ensure all relevant persons are contacted according to the hospital/Trust procedures.
- To ensure accurate information is always available and recorded as required, including reporting and liaise with the appropriate companies for any telephone or alarm faults.
- Co-ordinate the booking of official taxi's as required, including maintaining an economic use of the service. Examine and prepare accounts before authorisation of each journey.
- To assist with the recording and to complete the costing of private calls connected through the system, including invoicing and monitoring of private accounts and scheduled submission of required reports for the Trust.
- To participate, assist and reprogram any equipment associated with the telephone service, including bleeps, faxes, mobiles, long range pagers. The keeping of accurate records and amending information on the directory, call logger, ISDX system and provide regular printouts and associated administration duties as required.
- Daily compilation of the doctors and managers on call duty boards, leave lists, residents list and information book to ensure accurate information is continuously communicated at all levels for the QAH site.
- Participate in the training of newly appointed staff by mentoring and shadowing, as directed by telecommunications management to ensure the high profile of the department is maintained.
- Put procedures into effect in the event of a Major Incident and promote rapid response by all staff concerned in the event.
- Any other duties within the scope of the post as may be directed by the Customer Liaison Manager.
3 Month contract
£10.90 Umbrella rate