The purpose of this position is to identify and call on customers and potential customers both in person and via telephone to identify needs, facilitate favourable purchase outcomes and obtain orders for Thermotron products and services.
PLEASE NOTE: The territory of this position is south of Birmingham – that’s the whole southern part of the UK from Birmingham
SKILLS FROM EXPERIENCE:
- 8 or more years industrial selling experience for a senior level position.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and developing new accounts with minimal home office support.
- Time and territory management experience to diversify territory customer base and sustain a minimum of 24 or more calls per week.
- Experience calling on industries served by Thermotron. Prefer that experience within the available sales territory.
- Demonstrated success in developing goals, deploying strategies, and obtaining desired results.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
- Professional, warm appearance that connotes “knowledgeable and authoritative” while projecting friendly and approachable.
- Willing to travel overnight, weekends, and outside regular work hours as the company requires.
- Able to operate a vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license. Able to travel on commercial airlines as required. Driving record acceptable to the company and insurance carrier.
- Demonstrated stable work history to build long term customer relationships.
- Demonstrated success and enjoyment in emphasizing new account development.
- Operating expense, travel, and entertainment expense philosophy consistent with Thermotron’s practices.
- Demonstrated success in operating with similar sales tools and support as to that supplied by Thermotron.
- Exhibits high energy level and positive outlook to achieve company goals and constructively deal with change.
- Demonstrated behaviour in consistently working with honesty and integrity over all matters with the company including such things as accurate and honest reporting, conducting only company business
- throughout the work day, honestly and accurately reporting call reports, order forecasts, and other company required reporting.
- Experience appropriate to territory, industries, and technical levels served.
- Education including selling skills and territory management.
- Consultative selling style (features & benefits)
- Honesty / ethics
- Customer focused and responsive, excellent relationship building skills.
- Positive attitude / self motivated
- Assume ownership of territory, take initiative to hit call targets and sales goals and travel outside regular work day.
- Comfortable with our support, tools, compensation package and expense philosophies.
- Strong communication skills; oral and written
- Enjoying working in a team atmosphere.
- “Street Smart” and savvy in identifying leads, managing daily operations and maintaining accounts.
If you would like to apply to this role please send your CV to email@example.com