Technical Director - Town Planning
Our client is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 13 offices throughout the UK. At the heart of the business lies a group of outstanding people. Working together with clients. We deliver solutions to challenging problems in Property & Development, Infrastructure & Utilities and Mining & Minerals.
We believe in excellence in all that we do. Whether it is our design, our report, our strategy or the level of service that we provide -excellence is at the core. We believe that we couple this with a pragmatic and, where appropriate, innovative approach to solutions which adds value to the result whatever it may be.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Chartered Town Planner within the Town Planning team in Stoke-on-Trent. You will join the Planning and Environment Team at a company dealing with an impressive range of projects. Candidates should have a strong track record working on medium / large scale planning projects including infrastructure, waste and energy, minerals and strategic housing. We would be particularly keen to hear from candidates with a strong track record in one of these main sectors.
As a Director/Town Planner your duties will include:
* Shaping and assessing the case for development projects, including: determining planning strategies;
* Preparing planning applications and appeals;
* Site appraisals;
* Development plan representations;
* Planning project management.
* Take a lead on providing advice and guidance on planning and land use to a variety of clients including leading house
builders, developers, land promoters, investment institutions, retailers and other occupiers, as well as local planning authorities throughout all stages of the planning process
* Team supervision and advice
* Business Development and developing good client relationships
Candidates must demonstrate a very high level of technical competency, and quality of work, carried out with minimal supervision, together with good analytical, communication, interpersonal, and writing skills. The role will require working on a number of projects, so a proven ability to manage your own time and workload within tight timescales, and ability to problem solve is critical. The role will involve supervision and support to other team members. An Associate Director level appointment will be dependent upon demonstration of experience, market credibility and a proven ability to win new work and clients, and nurture existing client relationships to win repeat business.
As the successful candidate you will:
* Chartered Town Planner with a good Town Planning degree or related
* Experience in public / private sector or both
* Have excellent analytical and written skills
* Have a strong team working ethic
* IT literate in Microsoft Office, Excel, and ideally some GIS experience
* Strong planning and organising skills
* As we work throughout the UK, a full driving licence is essential
* Membership of our Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%.
* Payment of relevant professional subscriptions (one only).
* Mobile phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
* Membership to our Private Health Care Scheme (BUPA).
* Critical Illness Cover.
* Inclusion in our Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary.
* 24 days annual leave per year and non-expiration TOIL accrual.
* Flexitime working schedule.
* Long service awards.
* Cycle-to-Work scheme.
* Travel loans.
Senior Town Planner
Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Technical Director - Town Planning