Technical Asset Manager
M & E / Energy Assets
Reporting to the Head of Asset Performance, we are currently seeking a full time Technical Asset Manager to manage the portfolio of energy assets. This is a customer facing role and will involve optimising technical performance to ensure assets deliver the contractual obligations.
The suitable candidate for this role would possess solid multi-tasking and prioritising skills, as they would be required to oversee numerous assets within the portfolio. You will also have a keen attention to detail, be highly driven, an innovative thinker with a strong team working ethic to hit the ground running and thrive in this busy and successful organisation.
You will be experienced in managing commercial scale mechanical and electrical (M&E) assets. This must include major plant such as CHP, boilers, steam systems, HTHW and LTHW water services, pumping systems, BMS, chillers and chilled water systems. Experience in boreholes and renewables including ground source, air source, Solar PV and battery storage would be advantageous.
* Compliance with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards.
* Compliance with client's standards.
* Daily performance monitoring across each project and asset.
* Tracking KPI variance analysis and proactive identification of issues affecting the performance.
* Supporting procurement through the development and review of O&M specifications.
* Working with internal and external O&M providers across the energy asset portfolio.
* Regular site visits to assess status and conditions.
* Conducting investigations into under-performance and developing and executing rectification plans to bring asset performance back to the required standard including business case output and savings, cost forecast and other supporting information.
* Review of reporting provided by O&M providers ensuring any issues and unplanned system downtime is recorded, managed, and rectified.
* Preparation of regular status reports on each asset.
* Understanding of the client's requirements to reduce energy.
* Understand new technology and where within the client base these could be delivered.
* Delivering all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
* Representing and acting as an ambassador for the company in a professional and confidence-inspiring manner.
Skills & Experience:
* Proven experience of technical asset management on multi discipline M&E projects including major plant such as CHP, boilers, steam systems, HTHW and LTHW water services, pumping systems, BMS, chillers and chilled water systems. Experience in boreholes and renewables including ground source, air source, Solar PV and battery storage would be advantageous.
* Working on live operational sites, often with critical engineering systems where retention of resilience is required.
* BSc or BEng Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or other relevant technical qualification.
* Organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, disciplined and commercially astute.
* Comfortable communicating with all levels of Senior Management and Stakeholders.
* Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid driver's license.
£50000 - £51000 per annum + Benefits
15 days ago
Technical Asset Manager