Akton Recruitment are working with the Local Authorities to fill a fixed term contract position for a level 3 Teaching Assistant. The position will last for at least one full term and is 8:30-3:30 Mon-Fri. This post is based within a year 5 class and experience of SEND is required.
Main Functions- To assist in promoting the learning and personal development of the pupil to whom you are assigned, to enable him to make best use of the educational opportunities available to them.
- To aid the pupil to learn as effectively as possible both in group situations and on his own by, for example:
Clarifying and explaining instructions
Ensuring the pupil is able to use equipment and materials provided
Motivating and encouraging the pupil(s) as required by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils' needs
Assisting in weaker areas, e.g. speech and language, reading, spelling, numeracy, handwriting/presentation etc
Using praise, commentary and assistance to encourage the pupil to concentrate and stay on task
Liaising with class teacher, SENCO and other professionals about individual education plans (IEPs), contributing to the planning and delivery as appropriate
Providing additional nurture to individuals when requested by the class teacher or SENCO
Consistently and effectively implementing agreed behaviour management strategies
Helping to make appropriate resources to support the pupil
- To establish supportive relationships with the pupil concerned
- To promote the acceptance and inclusion of the pupil with SEN,
- encouraging pupils to interact with each other in an appropriate and
- acceptable manner
- 5 Monitor the pupil's response to the learning activities and, where
- appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the teacher to
- achieve the intended learning outcomes.
- 6 To give positive encouragement, feedback and praise to reinforce and
- sustain the pupil's efforts and develop self reliance and self esteem.
- 7 To mark pupils' work under the direction of the class teacher