They are looking today for a System Engineer to join our SMART solutions team to be based in Europe, with significant experience to lead technical support, drive system design and integration activities for our smart lighting solutions. As their ecosystem is growing fast, the System Engineer will be a key member of the SMART Solutions team to also explore future technologies for the next generations of our different offerings.
- Lead technical evaluation of the 3rd party technology providers and able to formulate recommendations to build the right ecosystem.
- Develop complex, embedded systems that require knowledge of schematic design, product design, electrical architectural models and prototype testing.
- Ensure technical leadership in the requirement of Smart Lighting next generation of products defined by Product Line Manager: design the system architecture, functional and technical specifications (writing the specification documents for a system when required)
- Plan and execute with Test Engineer, integration of multiple technology providers into one system (HW / SW capabilities, radio and wireless component analysis, protocol analysis, security, etc.)
- Work closely with Product design, Custom products, Production team to design and build prototypes of selected systems for standard offering or custom projects.
- Establish close relation with technology providers to build, maintain, control and trace related documentation of the internal solution release (for a whole system) for all Smart Lighting solutions.
- Drive the wireless and RF regulatory certification tests (external lab) and generate insightful data from results analysis.
- Master degree level, engineering or equivalent
- Minimum two years experience in system engineering with experience in
- Strong Experience required in lighting controls, smart lighting and/or IoT
- Ability to build prototypes and operate following activities: high voltage (230V) electrical wiring, problem investigation, commissioning, software upgrades, etc.
- Good knowledge in wired lighting control especially 0-10V and DALI as well as EU regulations (safety, EMC/EMI, radio)
- Ability to maintain and use mobile devices application (iOS, Android)
- Excellent skills in leadership, creativity and communication (written and oral)
- Comfortable in operating in full autonomy and capable to handle several projects in parallel, with a willingness to make things happen.
- Capacity to analyze and deliver insights and share knowledge via internal trainings.
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Solid knowledge of IT network operations desired
English mandatory, Chinese or other EU languages would be would be a strong advantage
If you would like to apply to this role please send your CV to Tom Ellis at Akton Recruitment – 0161 233 0034