Akton Recruitment are on the lookout for a talented Systems Engineer Seven - we are working with a successful and ambitious company built around an excellent engineering team involved in the design, development and manufacture of rugged electronics devices and software for use in Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance.
The Company has offices around the UK and employs around 80 people with teams around the world supporting its clients to use its leading-edge technology. After a major reorganisationthe company is now focused on growth and is building the strength of its teams with highly capable and motivated people.
The Systems Engineer holds a key role in the company, reporting to the Head of Engineering. Due to the nature of the role, the individual will need to have a strong background in technical direction in the analysis and design of systems in the broad field of electronic security, sensor, surveillance and Command & Control systems. The applicant will be working alongside a team of electronics, mechanical and software engineers and project professionals. They will be liaising with customers, suppliers and other members of the company to ensure a timely and effective solution is provided to all the engineering aspects of our designs through the entire Systems Engineering lifecycle.
The company’s products include niche telecommunications and electro-optics which are used in a range of environments. Seven Technology Group Ltd has a worldwide customer base for its specialist products.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Eliciting and understanding the needs of a customer (internal or external) to create user requirements
- Analysis of user requirements to create system requirement specifications and system architectures
- Undertake and verify system modelling and simulation
- Perform Requirements Management from first principles
- Generation of the technical elements and costings of bids and proposals for systems and products
- Developing and maintaining software and hardware architecture design and documentation
- Authoring of verification and validation tests to prove the system solution aligns and meets the customer requirements
- Supporting regulatory and environmental conformance proving
- Supporting systems integration activities
- Support the demonstration, deployment and maintenance of systems
- Owns the Product Data Capture process to support the product safety assurance process
- Ensuring compliance with stringent design and applicable standards in relation to system architecture, sub-systems and component design and functional and performance verification
- Verifying that the system design and consequential product design aligns with internal design for manufacturing production processes and procedures
- Support and where required, lead the engineering gate reviews for system, sub-system and component compliance reviews
- Liaising with customers and suppliers at various project milestones
- Liaising with Project Managers and senior staff on project deliverables and department aspirations
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of BoM structures and manufacturing build guides for production manufacturing
- Updating design data from Engineering Change request when required
- Contribute to ensuring lessons learnt in the design, manufacture and test phase are captured and embedded into the organisation
Candidates wishing to apply should have:
- A strong background in systems engineering, preferably covering hardware and software design and development.
- Ability to define and achieve project milestones and deadlines on time
- Ability to work comfortably in multi-discipline design teams across multiple sites
- Knowledge of engineering materials and manufacturing techniques
- Competent in the use of MS Office
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic company
- Approach their work with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- The post holder must be willing to take ownership and leadership in a wide variety of situation
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level or higher
- Ability to understand and specify large complex systems and develop comprehensive system documentation
- Broad appreciation of a wide range of engineering disciplines developing a single product across the full system lifecycle
- Knowledge of differing engineering methodologies (including V model, waterfall, agile, etc)
- Requirements capture and management
- Experience of communication / radio systems and electro-optic systems
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- A Masters in Systems Engineering or related field.
- Exposure of systems design and development across numerous engineering disciplines, covering the full product lifecycle
- Ability to lead the delivery of projects and programmes with the support of a technical and commercial team]
If you would like to apply for this position then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org