Sustainability Programme Lead required for a fantastic contract based in Bradford
The key purpose of the post is to work with the Chair to set up and organise the work of the Sustainability Development Partnership and to develop and deliver with its Board a programme plan to address sustainable development both within the Council and with all relevant sectors across the district.
- Co-ordinate the development and delivery of the Sustainable Development Action Plan, involving a multi-directorate and partner approach to delivering sustainable development across the district;
- Create effective working relationships across the Council, with businesses and other stakeholders in the district and with WYCA / LEP to ensure that this large-scale programme of national importance delivers targeted improvements in environmental outcomes and contributes to the development of a more circular productive and inclusive economy and to health, social inclusion and well-being across the district;
- Align these outcomes, promoting the UN Sustainable Development Goals and ensuring that the Partnership provides timely cross-sector, evidence-based advice working with politicians, Council officers, regional authorities, Government and key stakeholders.
- Being principal advisor to the Sustainable Development Partnership Board and providing secretariat services to ensure its effective administration;
- Developing the Sustainable Development Action Plan making the fullest possible use of the contributions and insights of the Partnership Board;
- Ensuring that the implementation and operation of the Sustainable Development Action Plan is coordinated, monitored and evaluated using agreed outcome metrics;
- Maintaining an effective approach to ensure awareness of national, regional and WYCA plans and initiatives is deployed so that Bradford is seen as an engaged and informed actor in the climate change and sustainable development eco-systems;
- Being a well-informed principal advisor on sustainable development strategies to officers, Members and regional authorities;
- Implementing a communication strategy, including briefings to Members, that promotes understanding of complex technical issues, creates advocacy for the UN Sustainable Development goals and promotes innovative and workable solutions;
- Exploring the potential for collaborative working and taking opportunities to initiate and sustain such relationships within the Partnership approach;
- Coordinating interventions and preparing plans that target opportunities to attract inward investment to the Bradford sustainable development economy and funding of initiatives;
- Ensuring that officers, Members and Partnership Board members have full access to the papers and other information that they need to inform and support their activity, and day to day responsibility for the authority's Sustainable Development Plan.
- Degree level in relevant discipline (e.g. business, environment, science, engineering)
- Qualification in programme management
- Transformational and visionary leader
- 5+ years experience in management of sustainable development or environmental projects delivering and monitoring outcomes
- High level programme and project management skills
- Expert understanding of sustainable development principles and practice
- Understanding of local government cultures, structures and policies
- Temp Contract
- £500 per day (Inside IR35 - Umbrella)
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email