Akton Recruitment are working with the Local Authorities to fill an ongoing contract position for a Support Resettlement Assistant to provide support and assistance to households in temporary accommodation.
To provide practical housing related support to current and former occupants of the Housing Options Services' supported accommodation and Social Lettings Agency managed tenancies.
* To assist the Support and Accommodation officer in the completion of risk assessments and support needs assessments and assist in the delivery of identified actions identified within the Personal Housing Plan.
* To maintain professional client support files and comply with the Corporate Policy of Confidentiality.
* Advocate on behalf of the client and refer to appropriate services.
* To encourage and to assist in facilitating client participation in the development of the service, House Meetings and Drop In Sessions when required.
* To maintain a high standard of accommodation provision including general cleaning duties.
* To participate in regular fire drills in all relevant buildings and ensure that all residents are familiar with evacuation procedures in event of fire.
* To allocate when required general household supplies such as bedding and cleaning materials within the scheme as directed by Senior Officers.
* To establish effective liaison with other agencies in both statutory and voluntary sector.
* To attend assessment meetings as required and where appropriate.
* Carry out administrative functions in support of this post.
* Ensure compliance with legislative, Corporate and Directorate Health and Safety policies.
* To work effectively as a team member by:
- sharing information;
- providing cover for other team members commensurate with grade;
- contributing to the development of the service.
* To work flexibly and in a non-judgemental manner.
* Ensure good practice at all times according to agreed performance standards, service guidelines and to comply with Corporate and Directorate Policy.
* In addition to the above duties and responsibilities, the post holder must be prepared to undertake such additional duties which may result from changing circumstances, but which may not of necessity change the general character or level of responsibility of the post.