Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Subject Access Officer to join the team at the Barnett Council.
Job Role: Subject Access Officer
Purpose Of the role:
Based on a solid understanding of legislation, lead on and be responsible for responding to and coordinating requests made under the Subject Access provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Consider and apply appropriate redactions / exemptions as outlined in the Data Protection Act and council policies, working closely with Family Services staff and advising on whether redactions are appropriate
. · Ensure feedback/learning is used to drive business improvement. Make recommendations and implement effective strategies to reduce the likelihood of complaints arising
- Support Family Services quality assurance function including collating and analysing data, preparing papers, and assisting in the auditing of cases as required.
- Lead on and be responsible for processing all requests and enquiries made under Subject Access for the Children's Service in line with council policies and in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), developing internal processes in line with council policies as required to ensure that SARs are responded to appropriately within statutory timeframes and escalated when required
- Consider complex requests and apply appropriate redactions / exemptions as outlined in the Data Protection Act and council policies, working closely with Family Services staff (social care and early intervention) to ensure redactions are appropriate.
- Manage a varied and complex workload, prioritising tasks across multiple SAR requests and taking decision on redactions.
- Act as a key point of contact and assist the council's Information Management Team in the collation of cross cutting DPA requests, enquiries or complaints
- Lead on ensuring feedback/learning is used to drive business improvement and develop effective strategies to reduce the likelihood of complaints arising, liaising
3 Month Contract
£14.48 Per Hour ( Umbrella Rate)