Structural Engineer required for a fantastic contract based in Camden
The Structural Engineer will carry out structural investigations and provide prompt advice and reports on housing assets and infrastructure. The potholder will be responsible for monitoring assets and designing remedial works. The potholder will prepare drawings from first principles, calculate loads and stresses, commission and deliver works.
- Provision of a robust in house structural engineering service, responding to referrals as they arise and providing prompt advice.
- Structural inspections of housing assets and infrastructure, this including inspections, reports and provision of follow up advice.
- Structural investigation works and monitoring, this including trial hole investigations, drainage surveys and monitoring.
- Commissioning of structural works, this including design, drawings, calculation of load and stresses, selection of materials, CDM / pre-construction H&S, procurement and mobilisation.
- Management of works on site as required to ensure proper structural solution is delivered, this including contract administration, site inspections, certification of payment, administration of H&S file.
- Development of planned programmes to address areas of risk identified in the housing portfolio.
- Service Development Work with colleagues to embed the principles of structural pathology and improve the processes used for the commissioning and delivery of works on a Right First Time basis.
- Strategy Development Contribute to the development of the Better Homes investment strategy and cyclical inspection programmes.
- Work with the extended management team to deliver the objectives of the Camden Plan across Repairs and Improvements.
- Providing Leadership As a senior officer, model Camden's values and support the development of a clear vision for the Asset Management and Business Planning team, making clear its contribution to corporate aims and balancing task, team and individual responsibilities in a way that increases efficiency, professionalism and value to the Council.
- Experience of commissioning, procuring and delivery of structural and other remedial works
- Proven experience in the diagnosis and analysis of structural failure
- Experience of designing works from first principles
- Experience of liaison with residents and Members in relation to construction and works activities
- Experience of project/contract management.
- Experience of working effectively with politicians, providing balanced advice and guidance on strategic and operational issues.
- Experience with Walls and Free Standing Walls
- Locum Contract
- 3 Months + Ongoing
- £32 per hour
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email