Due to our clients continued growth we are currently looking for a Structural or Senior Structural Engineer to assist in dealing with an increase in workload and the further development and expansion of the team and the Firm.
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic candidate to manage and work on the design of various structural engineering projects. These projects predominantly cover the north of England, centred on Leeds but will occasionally include sites across the UK.
The post is within the structural engineering team which is responsible for the structural design of building for commercial, industrial, health, leisure, retail and residential sectors. The candidate should have good experience with both new build and refurbishment projects. They should be proficient in the design of all structural materials and possess a sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations. A working knowledge of the Eurocodes and Finite Element Analysis packages is essential.
For the senior role the candidate will be a Chartered Structural Engineer or approaching Chartered Status. They should be eligible to live in the UK and have ideally 5 years previous UK based consultancy experience within this field of work.
The suitable candidate must be motivated and enthusiastic and will possess:
- Capability to work independently or with the design team
- Ability to effectively delegate work to others and act in a mentoring role to less experienced staff
- Knowledge and understanding of current technical standards
- Financial management skills in assessing potential projects and preparing fee quotes
- Project Management skills to ensure the delivery of projects to meet client's expectations
- Excellent time management skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in dealing with clients/architects/external project managers on projects
- Ability to represent the company at design team meetings/site visits
- Confident in maintaining client relationships
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence
In return we offer a competitive remuneration package which includes the following rewards and benefits:
- 26 Days paid annual leave, comprising your birthday, 22 flexible days, and 3 days fixed over the Christmas period. In addition, 8 bank holidays are provided, and the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days additional leave
- Flexible working with up to 2 days per week working from home
- Early Friday Finish - 15:45
- Free on site parking
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Charted Professional Fees paid
- Enrolment under the "simply health" benefits scheme after 6 months service
- Childcare vouchers under the Busy Bees Scheme
- Social Activities
- Bi-Annual Bonus Scheme