The main duties of the post are as follows:
- Responsible for achieving the statutory number of sample inspections is achieved for each utility to ensure performance targets are achieved, and that income is secured in accordance with the regulations.
- Co-ordinate street works and road works as defined by legislation and associated regulations and codes of practice in order to minimise disruption and hazards to the public.
- Responsible for the co ordination of works on the highway, including management of the occupancy of the network by utilities and other providers.
- Liaison with other departments, elected members, and outside organisations such as police, transport authority and other highway authorities and to represent the Authority on joint groups relating to streetworks co-ordination.
- Preparation of inspection and defect charging reports in order to issue fines for charges relating to Section 74 of the New Roads and Streetworks Act.
- Responsible for the regular review and development of the Permit Authority arrangements, including responding to any changes to legislation and regional procedures.
- Responsible for the monitoring of revenue budget income in accordance with the Council’s budget management procedures and reporting to Managers and the Senior Manager including recovery plans to address shortfall in forecasts.
- Responsible for representing the Council where serious and repeated breaches of NRSWA 1991 and TMA 2004 occur including possible attendance in a Magistrates Court.
- HNC in a civil engineering, highways or traffic management related subject
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development in relation to the field of road safety and general management. Knowledge & Skills: Extensive knowledge and understanding of all relevant legislation, regulations and guidance in respect of Streetworks co-ordination and the enforcement of utility and other contractor activity on the highway network.
- Extensive knowledge of the relevant regulations and codes of practice to ensure the safety of all users at Streetworks on the highway network.
- Extensive knowledge in the use of inventory software systems, such as Bentley Exor, for managing all Streetworks activity and records.
- Well-developed communications and presentation skills and a proven track record of developing effective relationships.
- Ability to identify, collate and interpret complex data sources in order to present sound, reasoned arguments to form contractual standpoints.
- Resilient in the face of strong opposition to service position and often conflicting priorities.
- A highly developed working knowledge of customer focused services and proven track record of developing/streamlining operational processes to improve the customer experience.
- Experience in budget management and reporting.
- Extensive experience in partnership working / project collaboration.
- Locum Contract
- 3 Months with view to extend
- £30 per hour Inside IR35
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email email@example.com