Strategic Finance Business Partner - Sutton
The Shared Finance Service ambition is to add value, inspire success and this role is part of the Shared Finance Service (SFS) collectively responsible for delivering SFS activities to realise this ambition.
The postholder is required to deliver and develop the Capital and Commercial function across Sutton and Kingston Councils, complying with statutory requirements and deadlines, balancing planned and reactive requirements and delivering subject matter expertise on commercial activities, capital programming and investment financing. The postholder will work flexibly and in line with our values, supporting the Commercial Finance and Investments function by leading or contributing to a variety of investment programmes and managing the capital programme.
* Lead on the development of specific policies and procedures to contribute to the continuous improvement in own work area.
* Deliver advice and guidance on the most complex matters in own area of expertise to ensure customer needs are met.
* Liaise with customers to review service requirements and resolve problems.
* Where relevant co-ordinate the work of a team, either formally or as part of a project to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered.
* Manage individual projects or systems to ensure work objectives are delivered in line with agreed standards and/or statutory requirements.
* Keep up to date with changes in relevant policy and legislation to ensure delivery in own work area is effective and complies with appropriate regulations/statutory guidance.
* Support the Capital & Commercial Finance Managers to coordinate the development of Capital Investment Programmes for Kingston and Sutton
* Support the Capital & Commercial Finance Managers to develop and implement suitable financing options for capital investment and commercial programmes
* Provide support, advice and challenge to significant Council commercial activities, including provision of financial modelling and viability testing, and delivering expert advice regarding commercial delivery vehicles
* Provide support to the Capital and Commercial Finance Managers in the overall development and management of Sutton or Kingston Council's annual capital programme
* Lead on the preparation and collation of detailed capital estimates for the Sutton or Kingston capital programme
* Lead on the identification and projections of all funding sources available to the Sutton or Kingston capital programme
* Provide support to Commercial Programme/Project Managers, enabling them to play their part in protecting the financial health of the Council and supporting them to deliver robust financial management of commercial activities
* Support senior Officers to align commercial and capital investments to corporate policies and strategies including the corporate plan
* Undertake complex financial or commercial modelling and provide financial advice and support for commercial activities to support commercially sound decision making
* Support the development of commercial acumen across the Councils and provide commercial expertise and advice to others in the Finance function
* Provide high quality advice on the financial implications of proposals for residential or other asset acquisitions and disposals across both Sutton and Kingston Council
* Support the Capital & Commercial Finance Managers to maintain client side oversight of Council owned companies
* Lead on the monitoring of the receipt and use of Right to Buy receipts from the sale of housing stock and work closely with colleagues in Sutton and Kingston Council to ensure longer term plans are in place to mitigate against financial loss or other risks to the Councils
* Lead on the support and advice for specific regeneration programmes across both Sutton and Kingston Council
* Keep abreast of new regulations and accounting changes and assess the financial impact on Sutton and Kingston Council
* Respond to consultations and assess the financial impact of new legislation as required
* Complete statutory and professional returns and other financial information requirements, including Freedom of Information requests, for capital or commercial activities
* Provide effective support and coaching to other members of the team
* Build and maintain relationships with key customers including Council owned companies, External and Internal Audit, Service managers and external partners across Kingston and Sutton Councils
* Actively promote and work in line with the SFS values, challenging and supporting colleagues when needed to create a culture that is both rewarding and enjoyable to work within, and that respects and values a diverse finance team
Up to £450 per day
17 days ago
Strategic Finance Business Partner - Sutton