Akton Recruitment has a vacancy for a Solutions Architect
Essex County Council (ECC) Technology Services is focused on ensuring current and future investment in technology maximises the opportunity to support ECC in meeting its strategic goals. To achieve this Technology Services are undertaking a major transformation programme which will create the conditions where employees, residents and businesses can collaborate, innovate and thrive. We are looking to recruit passionate and experienced IT Professionals to assist in the design and delivery of Technology Services enabling us to deliver outstanding outcomes and experiences enabled by modern, connected technology. The Solutions Architect will be responsible for assisting the Enterprise Architect to deliver a major migration programme from Oracle E-Business Suite to Oracle Fusion.
What's in it for you
* Make an impact on the lives of residents in Essex
* Be a part of a new forward-thinking Technology Services Team in local government
* Engage directly with customers, suppliers and stakeholders to design and deliver meaningful, measurable technology change
This role is responsible for creating efficient and effective detailed technical, data, business and security solutions that adhere to the technical architecture and meet ECC business objectives and requirements ensuring alignment and adherence to the principles of simplification, sharing and re-use.
In collaboration with stakeholders, partners and third-party suppliers, contribute to the development of IT plans in exploiting the opportunities to deliver innovative products, services and solutions that deliver benefits to the business and the citizens of Essex.
* Responsible for designing technical, data management, security and business solutions that successfully translate user requirements in to effective and efficient operationally viable technology to support the successful operation of business requirements and services for the citizen of Essex.
* Responsible for ensuring that enterprise wide and specific business solutions are designed to align correctly to architectural principles and technical architecture to ensure standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use.
* Responsible for applying policies, standards and good practices when designing solutions to ensure compliance between business and technology plans and enterprise transformation activities in support of business operations.
* Responsible for adherence to technical standards and principles to inform solutions design and ensuring they are correctly employed in all technical initiatives to achieve commonality of solutions design and implementation which reduces cost and creates a more efficient and easily maintained technology environment.
* Contributing as a technology subject matter expert to the delivery of technical innovation which gives advantage to ECC by capturing and prioritising market and environmental trends, business plans and objectives, and identifying the business benefits of alternative approaches ensuring alignment to the enterprise architecture.
* Responsible for the provision of expert technical advice and guidance to the Commercial Team to ensure suppliers and procured products adhere to the enterprise architecture and principles of operation.
* Works collaboratively by providing technical expert advice and guidance to business partners, operational teams and suppliers to develop and present business cases, for high-level initiatives, approval, funding and prioritisation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Educated to degree level or equivalent by extensive experience
* Accredited TOGAF 9.1 or 9.2
* Previous experience of Oracle products, including Oracle Integration Cloud, would be desirable to assist with an Oracle E-Business Suite to Oracle Fusion migration programme.
* Able to demonstrate strong experience in a Solutions Architecture Role preferably working within a large Local Authority or with a private sector organisation providing Public Sector Services.
* Demonstrate a track record of successfully working within effective teams delivering Business Solutions that have been proved successful in meeting complex business requirements and in enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use in the design of technical and business solutions.
Up to £500.00 per hour
13 days ago