Akton Recruitment are Looking for a well-experienced Social Work Team Manager to join the local authority based in Swindon.
This role is a Team Manager in the Placements Team. Key Role responsibilities are as follows:
- To manage a small Placements Team of social workers, placement officers and business support
- To play a key leadership role in the Brokerage Team Project to achieve the development of the new team
- To determine priorities, assess need, safeguard children, and provide positive placements so as to promote positive outcomes in line with national standards, working closely and collaboratively with other areas of children's services, partner and other external agencies.
- To ensure effective monitoring of the quality of placements
- To maintain strong professional relationships with external providers to ensure high quality, stable placements that are value for money
- To provide high support and high challenge to colleagues to ensure children are in the right placement in a timely way
This is a contract-based full-time role, working Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00, with the initial contract ending 31/03/2021 paying a rate of £37-£40 per hour depending on experience.
This is a highly qualified role, it is essential you have experience managing a team of social workers and an up to date Enhanced DBS. If you think this role if great for you get in touch now!