To assist with the on-site installation of modular buildings and to provide a day-to-day supervisory service for the Contracts Department.
DAY TO DAY DUTIES:
- Assist with the installation of building sections in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Check the building for defects and arrange rectification as necessary.
- Keep Contracts Manager aware of own and sub-contractor progress.
- Advise the sub-contractor trades.
- Keep the site in a clean and presentable state.
- Keep site accommodation in a clean and presentable state.
- Remove any rubbish that may accumulate within the building.
- Carry out a final clean on suitable sized contracts.
- Undertake Health & Safety inductions.
- Arrange and/or undertake and "Builders Work" for Sub Trades.
- Produce weekly progress reports and forward to Contracts Manager.
- Attend monthly progress meetings if required.
- Act as competent person on site and site safety representative.
- Give tool box talks as required and record attendance in absence of contracts manager.
- Any other duties as may be agreed from time to time.
- Supervise all site Sub-contractors, and instruct in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Be aware of and work within the laid down method statements, risk assessment and Health & Safety procedures.
- Control sub-contracted trades.
- Liaise with the client and offer appropriate advice.
- Report any manufacturing problems to the Contracts Manager.
- Work to the building programme and check progress of trades accordingly.
- Ensure 'plant' is in good working order, is kept secure and, if hired, is off-hired promptly.
- Be aware of and work within the costs allocated for the trades under his / her control.
- Liaise with Contracts Manager regarding any variation to contract.
- Liaise with Contracts / Divisional / Regional Manager in regard to any matters which occur on site and have a delay on contract period.
- Familiarise self with the requirements of the contract.
- Maintain an in date CSCS card at Supervisor level or above.
- Direct site Sub-contract labour.
- Accept written instructions on site for variations.
- Stop any work that is in breach of Health & Safety Regulations.
The Site Supervisor reports to the Contracts Manager. In the absence of the Contracts Manager, the Site Supervisor will report to the Senior Contracts Manager.
As a representative of the Company, you are expected to present yourself in a smart and efficient manner. Client liaison is an essential part of the job and building up a good relationship is key to the project's success and future orders.