Turnkey - German Speaking
Working under the Project Director/Manager, the Site Manager will either be managing a sub-section of a site or the whole site, depending on the size and value of the project.
The Site Manager is responsible for managing Health & Safety requirements properly, to ensure a safe working environment for employees. The role also includes communicating with all parties involved in the project; sub-contractors, project managers, finance etc, overseeing the execution of project tasks, as well as direct construction and construction staff and overseeing the general running of site; deliveries, plans, costs, quality.
You will be required to lead and conceptualise the construction project, and will be responsible for its smooth organisation, implementation and completion, to the satisfaction of the client.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Liaising with Project Manager and reporting progress.
- Supervising of contracted staff.
- Continuous liaison with subcontractors.
- Making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety.
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings.
- Maintaining quality control procedures.
- Applies all HSE requirements in the execution of tasks.
- Applies all company procedures, practices and standards.
- Assists Project Manager with all administrative tasks.
- Control changes and report deviations to project team.
- Carries out routine site inspections.
- Make work improvement recommendations.
- Execute project close out activities and report lessons learned.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in construction projects
- Thorough knowledge of legal and safety standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to plan and organise a team
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
- Capacity to work effectively in pressure filled environments
- Strong focus on quality
- Attention to detail
- First Aid