c£35,000-£39,000 (DOE) + Car or Car Allowance
My client is a one the leading UK's roofing, structural glazing and building conservation contractors, working on new build, refurbishment and restoration projects. We are looking to add a Site Manager to the team in the East Midlands. You will initially be starting on a high rise Student Accommodation scheme in Nottingham.
- Produce with the assistance Contracts Manager (CM) Risk assessment and Method statements (RAMS) and the Ensure all operatives on site have read, understood and signed a copy of the RAMS.
- Undertake weekly ‘Tool Box Talks’
- Check the deliveries alongside the subcontract installation team to ensure the materials are of a good quality and that they match both the delivery ticket and the drawings. Any materials that are defective should be reported to the CM and the Transport coordinator via a NCR.
- Undertake pre-installation checks of openings prior to the installation by the subcontract installation team. Report any issues to the CM and/or Liaise with the Main contractor (MC). (ensure and conversations are backed up over email) Should this require any additional works by the company you should ensure that an instruction is issued by the MC. Ensure these instruction are approved by the company's CM and QS before proceeding with the works.
- Ensure that the subcontract installation team are installing in line with the construction issue drawings.
- Undertake QA check as the works progress. Compile a snag list from the QA checks and issue to the subcontract installation team.
- Handover the works to the MC when the screens have been completed and QA works undertaken. Signed copies to be issued to the CM.
- Issue CIN for ANY defective installation or fabrication works. Copy to be sent to CM and QS
- Arrange deliveries with CM and the Transport manager.
- Attend any daily or weekly site progress meetings or briefings as requested by the MC.
- Ensure any day works or standing time is signed by the MC with 24hours of the works being undertaken.
- Liaise with MC on any H&S, Distribution and access issues.
- Compile and Issue weekly progress reports to CM
- Weekly H&S walk