£45,000 - £50,000
A main building contractor is seeking a Site Manager to work in the North London, Home Counties, Watford, and Aylesbury areas. The role involves managing the site in aspects of the build not only from a technical perspective but also including Health & safety, administration, procurement and staff management.
You will come from a main contractor background and have a trade background ideally, working on projects such as residential, medical, education and industrial.
- On site project management in all aspects of the construction process
- Risk awareness and management including associated administrative processes.
- Maintain a good level of understanding of construction techniques, problems and solutions, and work closely together with Site Staff.
- Carry out all projects in line with client's requirements and to the associated budget and timeline.
- Support and develop good working relationships with Subcontractors and Supply Chain Partners to maximise efficiency and good production on site.
- Undertake all aspects of Health & safety and undertake on site safety inspections in conjunction with external third party advisers.
- To instigate, control and run projects from contract award to project completion.
- To organise, co-ordinate and control labour and material resources
- Requisition materials and schedule deliveries in accordance with programme requirements and procurement procedures
The Candidate will be:
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Be able to motivate yourself and others
- Senior site management experience of Principle contractor background
- Proactive style, good administration and problem solving skills
A progressive and dynamic regional contractor, providing construction services and specialising in Education and Public contracts with a proven track record in commercial property conversion into residential and various projects in the commercial and Industrial sectors.
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please contact Ben at Akton Recruitment, quoting BA/32300