- You will lead and manage a staff group to ensure effective services are offered to children and young people who need a positive and supportive respite placement.
- Take responsibility for the role of Registered Manager as an Ofsted statutory requirement.
- Set standards within Canons House so that the vision can be carried forward by the whole team ensuring that a comprehensive service is delivered in line with the National Children Homes regulations.
- Provide a strategic overview and management of day-to-day operations.
- The candidate will be responsible for promoting good inter-agency working on individual projects or cases through monitoring and supporting appropriate working relationships with other professionals.
Your expertise should come with a degree or professional qualification which could be in social work or the equivalent from a directly relevant profession e.g. nursing, teaching. It's essential that the candidate has management experience and working knowledge of National Children’s Home Regulation 2015 and Quality Care standards. Flexibility is required in order to provide a responsive service to emergency situations, ensuring the safety and well-being of those at the home, and providing staff with advice about the management of children/young people as situations require, which may involve working outside core hours.