Shift Plant Operator required for a fantastic contract based in Leeds
Requirement is for a Operations Shift Plant Attendant to assist in the operational control of the plant, correct and report any abnormalities, record plant performance and carry out routine operational duties for a Energy Centre.
- Promoting an Excellent Safety Culture and the highest standards of operational performance.
- Operate any item of plant from local or Control Room as directed.
- Normal start up and shut down operations and adjustments to maximise efficiency and availability.
- Plant condition logging and monitoring.
- Fault finding and reporting.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner to customers and external agencies, by reasonable dress and demeanour and ensure the site and all Company property are maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
- Ensure that all work records are accurate and meet requirements of contract and ENGIE's policies/procedures and undertake regular audits to check compliance.
- Be available for call out rota and when business needs demand.
- Provides support to the team during abnormal conditions or during times of high work load.
- Following a satisfactory assessment assumes the Role of Authorised Person for Permits as delegated.
- Operational surveillance of all plant and operate systems to retain the required performance.
- Isolate plant in times of emergency.
- Carry out unsupervised routine maintenance, remedial work and maintenance of an immediate nature and general duties to ensure reliable and efficient operation of the plant.
- Operate the PPM system including the feedback of information and data.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Applicants must, ideally, have Naval, boiler house, power generation experience.
- Demonstrable understanding of Health & Safety at Work.
- Understand the requirement for safe systems of work and permit to work systems.
- Be physically fit for the job and be willing to undergo a medical examination.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft packages
- Must be prepared to cover absences for other Shift Plant Operators as detailed in the shift rota to ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained at all times.
- Demonstrate self-motivation
- Ability to manage both internal and customer expectations
- Flexible approach to work and adaptable
- Ability to think clearly work under pressure
- Good communicator, concise and clear
- Honest, trustworthy
- Ability to prioritise, organise and work to tight deadlines
- Goal focused achiever
- Appreciation of good housekeeping and a tidy work environment.
- Temp Contract (6 Months+)
- £16 per hour (£32k per annum)
- Based in Leeds
Shift pattern will be as follows
- Will start with 2 weeks on days, starting 7am for 8 hours for 40 hours per week.
- Following that will be 7 days on, 7 days off, 7 nights on and 14 days off.
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email