Akton Recruitment currently has an exciting opportunity for someone with Sheltered Housing experience to join a Local Authority Housing team as a Sheltered Housing Officer in Stoke
- To provide a support and management service to vulnerable older customers living in the community to enable independent living. This is achieved through active involvement with customers and where appropriate other relevant agencies, carers and family members.
- To monitor the condition of the building with regards to housekeeping, utilities and health and safety ensuring that any defects or deficient systems are promptly reported and effectively remedied at the earliest opportunity.
- To undertake the regular testing of the intercom / alarm equipment and maintain comprehensive documented records.
- To carry out health and safety surveillance such as risk assessments, regular testing of the fire alarm systems and maintain comprehensive documented records.
- To supervise the performance of contractors working within the scheme to minimise disruption to customers, protecting the safety of all on site and ensuring compliance with contractor specification, taking prompt action when shortfalls are identified.
- To work closely with the Sheltered Housing Team Manager to facilitate a range of social activities in the scheme designed to actively promote the well being of customers and the local community.
- To actively promote the scheme to potential customers and ensure that it is used as a resource for the local community and external agencies.
- To promote awareness of equal opportunities with customers in the scheme
- To collaborate with other Scheme Co-ordinators to ensure an atmosphere of shared information, initiatives, cooperation and joint working to meet the City Councils’ housing quality standards.
If you would like to apply for this position please send a CV or call 01772 428186 and ask for Jordan for more details.