Akton Resourcing are working with the Local Authorities to fill an ongoing contract position for a Service Manager. This is a full time role working 37 hours per week, generally 9-5 but flexi working is available. Educated to a degree level and access to a vehicle with business grade insurance is a requirement, along with experience in a similar role.
To be responsible for the development and delivery of Direct Service provision in a range of regulated settings and across different service user groups to meet standards and respond to new service requirements;
Establish systems for monitoring the quality of services provided investigating situations in which quality standards appear not to have been met, and developing new service standards - staff supervisions, quality visits, audits, training compliance, dash board
To manage resources effectively and introduce systems of management to improve efficiency and monitor the delivery of standards set out in service level agreements across home care/
re-ablement/residential and day services for all service user groups - staffing, capability procedures, recruitment, hospital discharge into our services
- Responsibility for the management of operational services within a designated service area or designated part of Adult Care by providing, as needed, a 24 hour 7 day service with emergency cover. This includes availability outside of standard hours for consultation and support to staff on duty and may require participation in on call rosters in accordance with agreed arrangements as required.
- Management of resources effectively across all service settings encompassing residential, day and community based provisions including buildings and staffing, and the use of resources not provided directly by the County Council.
- Participation in setting up, using and monitoring quality assurance systems to measure performance against agreed standards, including involvement in the programme of formal service/establishment inspections where appropriate
- Preparation of reports as required on service delivery, service developments and other topics.
- Use of financial resources in a cost effective and efficient manner by means of proactive budget management whilst maintaining a quality service.
- Reporting to the Group Manager on those service delivery matters which may require a change of policy or attract media attention; where appropriate, to take responsibility for progress.
- Co-ordinating and taking responsibility for chairing meetings and reviews with individual users, user groups, formal panels and other meetings relevant to the post and to represent the Department as appropriate.
- Ensuring all students/trainees receive appropriate supervision, support and experience during their placements.
- Maintaining good employee relations through involving all relevant partners in human resource issues, especially grievance and disciplinary matters.
- Working with other agencies, including the voluntary sector, to achieve joint objectives and provide complementary services, in particular by co-ordinating the process of agreeing and allocating grant aid within the designated area.
- Implementation of the complaints procedure on behalf of the Group Manager.
- Maintaining own professional registration as appropriate.
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility.