Royal Borough of Greenwich
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Service Improvement officer to join the team at the Greenwich Council.
Job Role: Service Improvement Officer
Purpose of job:
Responsible for supporting a customer complaints and statutory enquiry service, including Freedom of Information (FOI) and Right of Access/Data Protection Requests (ROAs/DPRs) leading to improvements in service and quality of responses.
1. Administer and collate records of all representations in the form of complaints, MP and Member enquiries, FOIs and DPRs in relation to Greenwich Housing Services, according to legislation and departmental procedures,
2. Notify relevant managers or staff of complaints or enquires requiring urgent attention,
3. Assist in establishing and reviewing procedures/administrative processes in relation to complaints in line with current legislation and guidance and assist with developing policies and systems which encourage and facilitate users to express their views, and which record these accurately and consistently,
4. Produce and interpret data to produce reports and accessible information to support planning and decision-making,
5. Provide information to managers on a regular basis to assist in effective monitoring of services and to inform supervision and quality assurance to improve services. Identify potential problem areas in order that remedial action can be any learning from complaints. Ensure other enquiries are captured in the Learning Log
6. Assist with quality assurance, provision of information and publicity as appropriate and consult with service users and the public about the perceived effectiveness of services,
7. Assist in developing a problem-solving approach to the handling of complaints. Promote, within the Department, awareness by users and staff of the complaint's procedures, including the production user-friendly information. Promoting a culture of responsiveness and openness to individual concerns, problems, and complaints, where problems are resolved quickly and to the satisfaction of all parties without recourse to more formal procedures.
8. Assist in developing, organising, and facilitating departmental training for staff and managers in relation to handling complaints. MP and Member enquiries. FOIs and DPRs,
9. Regularly review the effectiveness of information systems and contribute to the development of new systems in meeting the needs of the directorate and its customers,
10. To make full use of IT systems and packages in undertaking the duties of the post including publishing performance management information to the departmental intranet as HTML, Adobe PDF, Excel spreadsheet, Word document or another format as required.
£15.00 Umbrella Rate
3 Month Contract
Up to £15.00 per hour
29 days ago
Royal Borough of Greenwich