SEP Planner- Met Office
The Supercomputer Exploitation Programme (SEP) is currently being initiated. It will consist of a set of sub-programmes, projects and workstreams distilled from:
* Existing projects/workstreams within the CDS, CDP and FoOM Programmes
* New workstreams/projects identified as part of a Capability & Value Stream based scoping activity.
The chosen delivery methodology for the SEP is Agile PgM which provides a foundation to deliver capability and benefits in Tranches. The SEP requires an experienced Programme scheduler/planner to support the definition of Programme Traches, manage dependencies between projects/workstreams and ultimately ensure Tranche delivery.
The SEP scheduler/planner will report into the Met Office Head of PMO and will also be expected to support in the development of the Met Office's PMO capability.
Job Purpose -
The SEP scheduler/planner is expected to:
* Take day-to-day ownership and control for all scheduling, assumption, and dependency management across SEP.
* Assist the design of, maintain and enhance the planning approach across SEP.
* Assist SEP and the PMO hub with tooling integration, particularly ServiceNow ITBM and Advanced Roadmaps for JIRA.
* Provide assurance to Programme/Project plans and design recovery plans where required.
Job Responsibilities - Example layout below; put in priority order, start with the most important
1. Work directly with the SEP management team, Enterprise Architecture and Programme/Project Managers to develop integrated plans for Programme tranches
2. Provide support and assurance to Programme/Project Managers in developing project and workstream plans
3. Responsible for assumptions and dependency management across SEP, ensuring that projects and Programmes are fully aligned
4. Work closely with the SEP management team, PMO hub and EPO to define best practice techniques, appropriate planning KPIs and reporting mechanisms aligned to the SEP delivery management approach and tooling
5. Work closely with resource managers (both physical and financial) to ensure resource forecasts are aligned to plans
6. Provide input to Programme risk and opportunity assessment and mitigation activities
7. Develop programme recovery plans, where required, to ensure successful Programme delivery
8. Provide training and guidance to the SEP delivery community on planning best practice and the use of JIRA for plan development and monitoring
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
1. Experience of integrated plan management for large scale transformation Programmes
2. Proven experience of industry standard P3M and Engineering Management tooling. Knowledge of JIRA is required.
3. Ability to constructively challenge Programme/Project Managers assumptions and dependencies to ensure accurate plan development
4. Highly organized, with a proven ability to manage and deliver tasks with competing workloads and sometimes to very short deadlines, on time and in full.
5. Excellent conceptual, analytical, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all organizational levels.
6. Strong interpersonal and team-working skills, an ability to lead discussions and present ideas/concepts/demos to an audience
1. Experience of Advanced Road Maps for JIRA
2. Experience of ServiceNow IT Business Management (ITBM)
Additional Supplementary Information
The role of SEP scheduler/planner provides excellent development opportunities to the successful candidate by:
exposing the successful candidate to and exposing them in:
* Involving them in a large-scale technology transformation Programme, directly responsible for delivering significant socio-economic benefit to the UK
* Providing exposure to innovative science and technologies used to exploit new supercomputing capability
* Involving them in the design and development of an organisational wide PMO function
* Providing exposure to a highly experienced delivery team and senior leadership team, whom the experience can be leveraged to support the development of the candidate
Up to £450 per day
12 days ago
SEP Planner- Met Office