Senior Traffic Order Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Brixton
Responsible for managing the preparation of Orders and Notices relating to Prescribed Routes, Waiting Restrictions, Controlled Parking Zones, Bus/Cycle Lanes, Speed Limits, Stopping up of highways, Road Humps and Pedestrian Crossings and any other that are deemed necessary to regulate the flow of traffic on the public highway
- To provide advice and support to senior management/ other staff as appropriate.
- To provide a strategic management role for the traffic order making service, demonstrate good leadership skills in managing staff and take an active part in the management activities within the business unit.
- To manage a dedicated team of directly employed staff and external resource responsible for the successful delivery of services
- To deputise for the Transport Manager as required
- As a senior member of the team to be jointly responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the team functions and to carry out service-wide management and to make decisions as appropriate for the benefit of the team.
- To lead on the development, implementation and maintenance of electronic management systems for the management of traffic orders to demonstrate improvements to the service area which are effective and efficient .
- To be the lead officer responsible for managing the drafting of orders and public notices after undertaking the necessary pre-draft research. To lead on the coordination of order making throughout the business unit to minimise abortive work and maximise synergy of operation through developing management systems.
- A relevant degree or professional qualification or an equivalent combination of qualification and experience together with demonstrable skills and aptitude
- A knowledge of project management and its application
- Appropriate knowledge of current legislations with regard to traffic regulations
- 3 Months+ Contract
- £28.31 per hour (PAID VIA UMBRELLA COMPANY)
- Based in Brixton
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email