Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 (Dependant on experience)
An experienced Senior Town Planner is required for National award-winning consultancy based in Birmingham. This company works in numerous disciplinary studios alongside Master Planners, Urban Designers, Architects, and Landscape Architects and can offer a degree of flexible working. To Be considered for the role you will be expected to have a MRTPI qualification, and have an extensive and successful track record of leading planning projects in a consultancy side environment.
Your role will involve:
- You Preparing planning, Listed Building Consent and Certificates of Lawfulness applications on behalf of public, private and voluntary sector clients, with an emphasis on supporting framework client projects
- Preparing Planning Policy Appraisals, Schedule of Planning application deliverables and assisting in pre-application discussions with Local Planning Authorities
- Supporting the coordination of multi-disciplinary teams in the preparation of integrated Planning Design and Access Statements and Environmental Statements for major projects
- Preparing Minor Material Amendment, Non-Material Amendment and Reserved Matters submissions
- Supporting the preparation and delivery of public consultation and stakeholder engagement strategies
- Preparing representations to Draft Local Development Plans and CIL Charging Schedules
- Assisting the preparation of written representation appeals
- Addressing various Development Management queries generated across our architectural studios
- Preparing research articles and Technical Advice Notes
The consultancy is looking for a Chartered Senior Town Planner ideally with development management experience within a consultancy background. The Senior Town Planner will also be expected to have gained an MRTPI qualification, and have an extensive and successful track record of leading planning projects, preparing policy presentations and, preferably, preparing project proposals and tender responses. Also, excellent working knowledge of planning regulations and procedures is essential to this position.
(On offer with this role are an excellent remuneration package and an excellent work-life balance.)