Senior Street Lighting Engineer required for a fantastic contract based in Huddersfield
Council Based Work
- The role will primarily focus on maintenance of the council's streetlighting, signs and street furniture assets in line with the council's asset management requirements, procedures and standards.
- The type of work will include managing customer enquires/fault reports, 3rd party damage, contributing to the efficient management of the assets so that value for money, safety and good levels of service are achieved. Contribute to the delivery of asset improvements such as deillumination, of sign/bollards, upgrading of zebra crossings equipment schemes, energy efficiency improvements .
- Bringing recent, proven knowledge and experience in street lighting maintenance to the role, you will work alongside colleagues in our street lighting team. Use your experience, knowledge and a practical approach to delivering a wide range of streetlighting maintenance/inspection programmes using a range of equipment.
- Undertake or assist principal engineer to ensure the performance of those working on programmes/activities within your control eg. Council's in-house delivery team, contractors, Northern Power Grid and others so that agreed targets of performance are achieved including costs, timescales, resources and quality.
- Manage customer, developer and councillor enquires on street lighting and in relation to fault/maintenance programmes ensuring a good quality and timely response and resolution to agreed standards is achieved.
- Be responsible for the wellbeing of yourself and others on a day to day basis, and the supervision of Engineers and Apprentices within in your team if required.
- Spend a portion of your time travelling between sites, for which you will need a full and valid driving licence
- Candidate must have significant experience in the maintenance of streetlighting and sign assets. This should include contact with customers, liaison with electricity network provider, contractors, suppliers to ensure resolution of problems and so contributing to a high quality of service performance.
- Council Based Experience would be highly beneficial
- 5 Months+
- ASAP Start
- Up to £35 per hour for the right candidate
- Paid via Umbrella Company
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email