Senior Site Engineer
Specialises in the installation of high quality geotechnical, structural and environmental instrumentation for monitoring earth, rock and concrete structures including dams, tunnels, embankments, retaining walls, piles and steel work for civil engineering works, mining projects and the railway infrastructure throughout the United Kingdom.
Overall Job Scope
Responsible for the field management of contracts/work sites.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Installation, commissioning and monitoring of geotechnical and structural instrumentation on site, and ensuring all works are carried out in a timely and cost effective manner
- Attending meetings, liaising with clients, agreeing programme and sequence of works
- Liaising with suppliers, sub-contractors and site personnel
- Hiring necessary plant and sub-contractors in liaison with the Project Managers
- Keeping proper records of all site activities and submitting to Project Managers
- Preparation of a measure for works carried out and submitting to Contracts Manager
- Looking for continuously and communicating to the Operations/Project Manager, ideas for improving the quality and efficiency of the Company's operations, products and services.
- Project Manage small works whilst liaising with Contracts/Operations Manager
- Keeping own work areas and any equipment used clean and tidy wherever possible
- Training other employees in technical and operation matters and above responsibilities, as and when required
- Keeping detailed records of all works/installations carried out
- Taking appropriate steps to ensure health and safety of employees and sub-contractors and compliance with the Company's and Main Contractors safety policies
- Carrying out other related duties as may from time to time be required