Akton Recruitment are seeking an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our client who are based in Manchester. Throughout the year, their business has continued to succeed. Due to the additional workload, they are looking to expand their cost consultancy team.
This is a great opportunity for recently qualified MRICS Chartered QS or if you are in your final stages of completion. Ideally, your experience will be varied, and you will have worked on projects within the leisure, education, residential, commercial, and retail sectors.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Deliver cost planning & cost management services
- Deliver & Support the growth of the cost consultancy service line in the North West and expand the existing offer to key commercial investor clients within commercial office portfolios and high-end residential schemes
- Pre and post contract stages including feasibility studies, cost planning, reporting on tenders and agreeing final accounts
- Work to support the growth and expansion of cost consultancy services.
The successful candidate will have:
- Sound knowledge of building contracts including JCT
- Independent delivery of procurement; single and two stage tendering
- Ability to meet and exceed fee target
- Cost consultancy experience in the commercial, residential and retail sector
- Ability to demonstrate experience of good client relationship management
- Proven track record of delivering commercial cost consultancy at a high level
- Strong experience of working on project values ranging from £1m to £30m
- Experience of using a variety of forms of contract
- BSc Quantity Surveying
- MRICS qualified with 2+ years PQE
- Deliver services with autonomy and engender confidence in clients
- Diligent in experience with complex projects
- Must be a good team player but able to work independently
- Confident, client facing communicator both verbally and in writing
- Commercially focused; Capable of developing client relationships and socially adept and ability to network at business development events
- Leadership qualities to assist in team and office growth
- Be involved in creating successful new and existing client relationships through networking and business development
- Willing to travel. Regular travel required to Liverpool and the Midlands.
Salary & Package:
- Competitive salary and generous car allowance (£30-55K - dependant on experience)
- Benefits: Fee Plus bonus scheme, company mobile phone, Private Health Care, Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance and 25 days annual leave
- Season Ticket Loan, Cyclescheme and company pension scheme after probationary period.
- Excellent career progression opportunities