£55k plus Car & Benefits
United Kingdom - West Midlands, Birmingham
An established cost management/ Project Management consultancy are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor after successfully securing high profile clients and some key local projects and programs in the building industry. The ideal candidate will come from a consultancy background with at least 5+ years’ experience with a MRICS accreditation or working towards this as a minimum.
Client facing experience is a MUST. Genuine progression available for the right candidate working on a range of exciting commercial projects including large scale BBC projects, Large scale Residential schemes and office refurbishments.
As Senior Surveyor you will have the following main responsibilities:
- Working alongside an Associate or Director to successfully manage and deliver various capital projects across the Midlands and nationally.
- Cover the whole project lifecycle from initial inception and business case development estimates, through the design and procurement process and onto the site delivery and commissioning phase.
- Actively support the internal team and manage more junior staff on technically complex projects typically ranging between £5m to £40m.
- You will help develop collaborative relationships with our clients and other professional colleagues within the industry.
- Act as the day to day main client point of contact for projects.
- Successful delivery of projects with minimum supervision, leading to further repeat clients and their business.
- Manage and mentor junior staff to deliver our Cost Management service efficiently and effectively.
- Assist Directors in leading and delivery of all aspects of quantity surveying from inception of a project through to completion.
- Achieve the highest standards of professional competence and to demonstrate this ability in all dealings with clients and professional contacts, reinforcing the profile of the company.
- To maintain and develop good relationships with clients, take every opportunity to uphold and increase the profile of the firm as a provider of professional, premium quality services to the construction industry.
- Produces cost estimates at concept, scheme and detailed design stage.
- Manage the tender process, review and analyse tender returns and prepare a recommendation to the client.
- Input into value and risk management workshops as required by the client.
- As primary project cost controller, ensures that the project remains on budget through the design and construction phases.
- Experience working within a consultancy
- PQS/Quantity Surveyor practice background
- Chartered Status with the MRICS, or Working towards this as a minimum
- Good understanding of contracts
- Extensive Project Experience.