Senior Procurement Manger - Policy and Contract Development (Project)- London Tower Hamlets
A proven track record of successfully developing and implementing procurement policy and procedures within Local Government. Ideal candidate must have a broad knowledge of public sector procurement policies as well as the following:
* Sound knowledge and experience of PCR 2015 and EU procurement practice
* Experience of working with or within Local Authorities
* Experience of direct line management
* Experience of using Proactis E-tendering system or other similar e-tendering systems
* Experience of working within corporate procurement team
* Writing and implementing procurement policies
* Develop the councils Sustainable Procurement Policy in liaison with key stakeholders
* Work with key stakeholders and external Partners to implement initiatives to strengthen monitoring of Social Value benefits secured through tendering of council contracts.
* Prepare report for Boards and Committee as required
* Review and propose initiatives to improve councils' current approach to recording and monitoring of procurement savings
* Manage the administration of the Procurement Gateway process and provide support to Strategic Procurement Board.