Salary: £40,000 plus car allowance (£44,000 overall)
Since 2003 the company has evolved from a UK-based multi-disciplinary practice of consulting engineers with three offices to a worldwide organisation in 12 countries offering world-leading sustainability advice. This has been achieved through a strategy of organic growth; visionary both in terms of staff empowerment and business development.
Their approach is focused on giving the best value: they analyse what you want from your building, consider the appropriate design options, and work out what is most appropriate for your location, development, and budget, to deliver sustainable business benefits.
Their mission is to play a key role in making buildings more energy-efficient, sustainable and cost-effective to operate and they pride themselves on their exemplary track record of designing innovative and sustainable mechanical and electrical solutions, that minimise the use of natural resources.
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our team at our head office in Newcastle to work on the design of some of the most exciting mechanical design projects in the UK and worldwide. As a leading figure in our established team of expert engineers and technicians, and working closely with colleagues of various disciplines, you will prepare and oversee detailed engineering designs using appropriate design software. You will work across a variety of sectors such as Education, Commercial, Healthcare, Retail, and Critical Systems, and will take responsibility for the management of projects to achieve financial and time deadlines, attending and leading project and design meetings to ensure successful planning, allocation, and coordination of work. You will be given the opportunity to become involved in a wider range of activities beyond just the technical, including supervision and management of staff, the management of client relationships, the financial management of projects and the marketing of the Practice’s services, which will provide a sound basis for further career progression in the future.
- Educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering
- experience in a mechanical engineering role within a building services context (Ventilation, A/C, etc.) you are already well versed in relevant design software such as CYMAP or Hevacomp.
- Experience of detailed co-ordination with other design disciplines have proven ability in both overseeing and producing creative design solutions, as well as preparing specifications and CDM documentation and project reports, and crucially you have a passion for creative and intuitive design.
- Given the collaborative and client-focused nature of this role, excellent communication skills and experience of using your initiative to overcome challenges are essential.
- Pension scheme
- 23 days holiday entitlement (with the opportunity to obtain more)
- Income Protection
- Career Progression with courses/seminars
- Engineers can become chartered if not already
If you want more information, call Kyle Armstrong at Akton Recruitment on 0161 233 0034 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org