SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER (DESIGN)
We are currently seeking a full time Senior Mechanical Engineer (Design). The successful candidate will have proven experience with boiler plant room and energy saving systems, and have hands-hand experience of project ownership from conception through to delivery.
The suitable candidate for this role would possess solid multi-tasking and planning skills, as they would be required to manage complex projects and the day to day activities of an Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer. The role may include the responsibility for further graduate and/or mechanical design engineers in the future.
The successful candidate will have proven experience working on multi discipline projects with a good knowledge of general construction processes including Planning Applications, Building Regulations and the appropriate standards applicable to a variety of diverse projects. Our clients projects include New Energy Centres, Steam, HTHW and LTHW water services, Domestic Water services, Boreholes, pumping systems, BMS, Chillers and chilled water systems, HV/LV distribution systems, CHP, standby generation, UPS, battery storage and connection to the DNO electricity distribution systems. Projects are generally undertaken on live operational sites, often with critical engineering systems where retention of resilience is required. Ideally, they will have hands-on experience of project ownership from analysis, design, installation and operation and maintenance of engineering systems.
The candidate will both produce designs and manage external design teams to provide buildable designs to the level of detail necessary to mitigate construction and operational risks to execute energy saving measures, which will utilise their experience of delivering solutions on live sites.
The candidate will also work with our investment grade audit team to provide buildable designs to execute energy saving measures, which will utilise their experience of delivering solutions on live sites.
They will also assist the electrical engineers in the mechanical design for electrical installations, such as generators.
* End to end development of mechanical designs
* Review of designs and monitoring of external designers up to RIBA stage 4 to ensure the appropriate quality and detail is provided.
* Development of and/or review of project specifications, including those from other engineering and architectural disciplines.
* Undertaking concept and detailed mechanical design for projects, with support from an electrical design engineer, including managing programme, internal review, client approval and design management tools.
* Develop, test and evaluate the performance of systems. sustainability.
* Manage people, projects and resources
* Discussion and solving of complex problems with clients, design team, suppliers and sub-contractors
* Analysis and interpretation of data and information
* Liaison with clients, design team, suppliers and contractors
* Ensuring that a design can be implemented within a live operational site with minimum disruption
* Manage projects using engineering principles and techniques
* Consideration of the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
* Monitor and witness commissioning of plant and systems.
* Creation of reports and documentation.
* Keeping up to date with the latest regulations and guidance.
* Working on client sites at various locations throughout the UK.
* Skills and Experience
* BSc or BEng Mechanical Engineering
* 8+ years Commercial Experience ideally within an Energy, SME business in a live operational building
* Experience working with Major plant: Boilers, Chillers, Pressure vessels, Air Handling Plant, Steam and Water Systems, Motors, BMS, LV/HV systems, CHP, Renewable Power and on-site generation
* Experience of Design to requirements of international standards: CIBSE, HTMs, HBNs, BSENs, Building Regulations, ACOPs
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus
about 1 month ago
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER (DESIGN)