Senior Interior Designer
We require someone with proven experience in Interior Design within the commercial Design & Build / Construction / Fit-out industry. The ability to deconstruct a brief to create conceptual look and feel designs and develop design schemes within a team environment.
The Candidate will work closely with clients and project teams in order to develop the design to ensure function in accordance to current regulations and standards.
Flexibility and client liaison are key, therefore perfected presentation skills are a must.
The candidate will require commercial product awareness, the ability to understand interior spaces and building constraints. To understand and interpret client requirements and work within advised project budgets and timescales.
The candidate will need to be proficient in AutoCAD and have an awareness of Autodesk Revit software to develop design drawing packages, and conceptual / technical awareness for decorative joinery items. Proficiency in Revit will be advantageous.
The candidate will need to be comfortable with fast-paced workflows, sticking to deadlines and providing updates or changes to plans last minute. Working on multiple projects at once.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Associate Director - Design
- Managing workload and workflow
- Working closely with the project team
- Liaising with clients and attending client meetings and pitches
- Hand-drawn sketches - plans, elevations and 3D illustrations are beneficial
- Selecting FF&E and creating schedules for proposed design packages
- Technical detailing for bespoke joinery items - awareness on construction
- Ensure drawings are compliant with industry and health and safety standards and protocols
- Awareness of costs and apply knowledge of materials and engineering principles to check feasibility of manufacture and construction of the product
- Conduct site visits and surveys when required
- Maintain accurate records
You'll need to have:
- IT skills and proficiency in AutoCAD and awareness of Autodesk Revit software
- Issue drawing schedules and room data sheets
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills with clients and consultant teams
- Organisation and time management to meet project deadlines
- A flexible approach to decision making
- Mathematical skills to complete calculations and estimates
- Spatial and design skills to visualise projects in 2D and 3D
- Problem solving, creativity and innovation
- Knowledge of Building Regulations and health and safety requirements in order to design in line with industry standards.
- Autodesk - AutoCAD 2022
- Autodesk - Revit 2022
- Adobe Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
£40000 - £50000 per annum
13 days ago
Senior Interior Designer